Tuesday, July 19, 2011

LOBSTAH!!!!!!

After our lobster meal yesterday and checking recipes on the web, we decided to try our luck at cooking our own!
It was to be a big adventure.
We went to the local market and picked out two lobsters, frisky pound and a halfers.
We lit the propane grill that travels with us, and waited for the water to boil.
It didn't.
The grill just wasn't hot enough to bring that much water to a boil.
We brought the pot inside, lit the burner and waited.
The lobsters are ready, and Earl is extremely interested in the bag they came in.
Earl is fascinated!
You have to wonder what would have happened if the claws had no rubber bands on them.
I am jumping back after dropping a lobster in the pot.
I'd heard there was a noise made by the lobster when it was dropped in the boiling water, but if it happened I didn't hear it.
Then again I am close to deaf, plus I love the taste - which might have softened the sound.
Twenty minutes later.
Earl is sitting in my chair, ready for dinner!
My first attempt at boiling lobster was a success, unless you ask Earl.
He didn't get any.

1 comment: