Sunday, February 27, 2011

Jeff, Amber and Coen Visit South Texas

A Pirate Ship touring the waters off Padre Island.

Our little pirate and his Dad waiting for lunch on Pier 19

Fish out of a cardboard pirate ship is delicious, and the tartar sauce dunk was tasty AND wearable!
The fish was very good. It was grouper, one of my favorites. I first had grouper in Florida where it was rather expensive, because (I was told) it was being fished out of the Gulf. They must not be aware of that on Padre.



Picking up shells on the Gulf side of P. I.



Amber and I took off our sandals to walk on the hard packed beach, and as soon as Coen got to walk on his own................
.

Yep..... he thought it looked like fun.






Coen is not happy here.





Laughing again while Dad runs from the waves.









It was a great day for the beach. A week from now spring break will fill the Island with teens and make a trip like we had impossible.






This is the pier in Port Isabel across the bridge from Padre Island.









A guy has to be really brave to get next to a pirate!











You have to be really, really brave to touch a bird.












I see an aquarium in some one's future.











This parrot was bi-lingual-- saying both Hello and Hola!
When I aimed the camera at him he flipped upside down and scared the
Bejeezus outta me. I jumped backwards and nearly dropped the camera, but it was real entertaining for everyone else.













I let the guys get up-close with the smaller bird
You can't beat fun like this!


Jeff, Amber and Coen spent a week with us, and I kept apologizing for the weather all the time they were here. It was extra windy and more cloudy than usual for their stay. The day they left was beautiful, and they went home to icy roads in K C. We missed them before they were out of sight.








1 comment:

  1. What precious pictures and even more precious memories!

    ReplyDelete