Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Born to be wi-i-ild!

The LLano Grande bikers meet on Wednesday mornings and ride to breakfast. This morning there were 24 bikes on the ride.

This was our first ride in a while due to the cold weather, and John had a terrible cough that kept us off the bike for two weeks.

One of the other riders is from Ava, Missouri; 25 miles from my home town. He graduated in 1966, the same year I did.







O K, you know I love weird signs. Check this out.






Do you love it!


Wouldn't you like to know the history of this business?











Check out this water tower.







San Benito - Hometown of Freddy Fender





Freddy Fender has been dead for 5 years, but they remember him here. San Benito even has a Freddy Fender (He picked the name because he played a Fender guitar!) Museum that we regretfully missed.


I've tried to find out how many water towers have people's pictures on them, but with little luck.
I've seen school mascots, eight balls, murals, fruit, a hot air balloon and golf balls but I don't remember ever seeing a person before. Finding unusual water towers might be my new hobby.


Take another look at the photo. There is a billboard advertising Vicki Roy's Home Health Care. You may need to double-click on the picture to get the full effect. I don't know why Vicki's husband is on there but I think he's channelling Elvis Presley.

Added 17 Feb--
I have discovered the man on Vicki Roy's billboard is her son - not her husband -
and he IS an Elvis impersonator

1 comment:

  1. Jeff and I were just noticing the group of trouble makers we will be spending the next week with. You know, we are young, impressionable people.

    ReplyDelete