Monday, January 31, 2011

Weather Alert........Weather Alert..........

Bougainvillea grows year-round here.
These photos were all taken inside the R V park
we're living in.
I've really been spoiled by the flowers here.




This is pink oleander.


When I first saw this tree I thought one of the fronds was dead, but the yellow
foliage is really a flower. I'd never seen a palm tree bloom before,
and wasn't sure it was a flower until I saw all the bees.



Not all flowers do well here but some really flourish.




I'd never seen Bird of Paradise actually growing out doors.







I don't have any idea what this is, but it's fabulous.







A Crown of Thorns in bloom.

I'm showing all these flowers because we have a freeze warning tomorrow night!
The weather is the opening story on all the news casts, and the main item of conversation
with all the park residents. They are predicting three nights in a row of below freezing
temperatures, and a chance of icy highways a short distance to the north.
Today is January 31st, and people who rented for the month are leaving.
There are empty spots here and there, looking like missing teeth, but
some of the evacuees are rethinking hitting the road.
I met a couple from Dallas who may stay over a few days because -
as they told me - "They's a Blue Norther comin' " and they said it
with awe and reverence.







No comments:

Post a Comment