Sunday, August 22, 2010

Mendocino California

Mendocino was known as a very liberal town in the late 60's with a forgiving attitude for mood altering substances. Many of the residents look like they've lived there a long time.
This has to be the bed & breakfast capital of the world - they are absolutely everywhere. What's not a B&B is an art gallery.
There seem to be three kinds of people here: wealthy citizens, vegans and hippies who never left.


The coast at Mendocino, where the elevation of the town is under 50 feet.

Okay, if you don't think THIS is weird, what does it take? This is the top of the Mason's Temple in Mendocino, (carved from a single redwood trunk of which they are very proud) and I really didn't know how creepy it was until I saw the photo blown up on my computer screen. What looks like the angel of death braiding a little girl's hair is titled "Father Time and the Maiden"
I've got to find out more about this subject.

I can honestly say I've never seen a sign like this before. It's posted in Fort Bragg California, and the police must be serious about enforcing it because I didn't see one bike, skateboard or horse on any sidewalks


No comments:

Post a Comment