Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Dinner Theater..part II






I was in the play again this year, and our daughter, son-in-law and grandson were here to attend.

This year the play was "You're the Jury: the Case of the Steele Deal".




The members of the audience served as the jury and did they ever take it seriously!



Here I am as Sally Steele Wellington (!). My twin Clara and I had an agreement to share all our lottery winnings. Clara won $6,000,000.00 and refused to split the money. Clara then fell down the stairs and died, so I'm suing the estate.


Being sworn in by the bailiff, who sipped from a flask throughout the play.



Here is the video deposition of Clara, taken before her untimely demise. She's about as liquored up as the bailiff, taking the oath with a martini in her raised hand. Clara of course is also me with black hair. My grandson Coen didn't recognize me and when his mother pointed me out he said "Well, she's being very dramatic",

Jenne, the estate lawyer and Colleen, the court reporter


Ann Collins, who played the defense attorney. Ann is a very good actress, and a fabulous jazz pianist. She performs for the park several times during the winter season.


Roy Beddington, the judge and .............

Roxanne Beddington, his wife who played two roles.


Me with Jenne again. Jenne is also the wife of the actor who played my attorney.


The judge with Ian Farr, seen here as my step-son  Roosevelt. Ian also played my step-daughter Rosalind


Bruce Hunter; who played my husband Lyle last year; is seen here as Vinnie "The scorpion" Scarpatelli



And Bruce once again as Drew Mason, mild mannered paralegal.

The play ran for three nights. The jury found in my favor the first night, and against me the second night. I have to admit my attorney and I cheated just a little on the last night and won then too.



My family seemed to have a good time but when I got home Coen told me to
  "Take off that red lipstick Grandma!"

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget that when the bailiff was swearing in the jury, Coen very loudly stated "I do!"

    ReplyDelete