Wednesday, March 16, 2011

How Y'all Doon' ?

Page 5 clearly states that you don't have to own an oil well to be a Texan, unless of course, you live in Midland, where it's mandatory.
.
We are now officially Texans. Our new home town is Livingston, a pretty little town about 80 miles north of Houston. We have joined the Escapees, a club for R V owners. We will now have access to more camping areas across the United States and a mailing service when traveling.This is really a beautiful area and a nice time to be here. The blue bonnets are blooming and the red bud trees look fabulous. Many of the full time residents have wisteria in bloom.


Just down the highway is a lumber mill. Driving by the smell of the fresh cut wood reminds me of my home. My father had a saw mill in the Ozarks and the fragrance of the pine and cedar really brings back memories.

.

John is becoming extremely fond of pork rinds, or chicharrones. It is almost an obsession now, and he is branching out to the more exotic flavors. His current favorite is salt and vinegar.

I,too, have had some changes in the last 24 hours. For some reason I feel the need to own silver earrings shaped like cowboy boots with turquoise inlay. I suddenly want every item in my wardrobe to feature rhinestones or fringe or both. I have a driving need for a cowhide purse big enough to serve as carry-on luggage. I believe everything looks better in lame' or tooled leather! I have come to the realization that I should never have cut my hair - it should be bigger! much bigger!

.

At least I do own denim, and I sense a growing feeling of superiority over the rest of Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment