Saturday, March 5, 2011

The "Flea"

There are Flea Markets all over the valley, and a really busy one is located a few miles up the road. Every Saturday and Sunday cars fill up the parking lot next to the market and spill over across the street to the $2 area. I'd always wanted to check it out, and time is slipping away. Today Candy and I hit the Flea.
Sad to say, it was dismal.
I did see a mint plant for sale, but mine is doing just fine.
We saw a band tuning up and think the appeal must be live music.


The next spot was much busier, with a lot of shoppers and vendors. Most of the booths were run by Norte Americanos; misplaced Minnesotans and Iowa ex-patriots filling up their weekends.



The indoor shopping area was filled with the usual arts and crafts . Jewelry and custom printed T shirts were big sellers. I really should have photographed some of the clothing items. Red lace mini dresses, lots of sequins - not what most retirees wear to HEB.

We waited out a shower inside. The booth I was interested in was on the outer edge of the lot, and I wasn't leaving without the items John had sent me for.
.
We have joined the dark side.
.
We are becoming true Texans.
.
Our youth may be lost.
.
.
.
.
I bought golf clubs................
.
Only two drivers and one putter, but I see it as the first step on that slippery slide to damnation.
.
.
.
Pray for us.





No comments:

Post a Comment