Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The Doggie Play Date

Surely we've all had those surreal moments when you question what is real and what might be the result of multiple prescription medications taken at too close an interval.

Welcome to the Llano Grande celebration of Fred and Phil!




Fred and Phil are Schnauzer brothers - one silver and one black - who will be a gift for the owner of our RV resort. I'm a little fuzzy about why he's getting them, but do you really care?
They're shown above with their foster parents, the couple who trained them.
You'll notice the table also holds party hats and I did see a German Shepherd wearing one.
The table also holds water bottles. Those are for the doggie guests, not the owners.



There I am sitting next to Vickki with Bella on my lap. 
Bella didn't feel the need to schmooze.
She was actually a little overwhelmed by the number of dogs present.
See the table propped up by the fence?
There are people standing behind it, outside the fence. These people seemed mystified by the doings. I don't really blame them either. I asked if they thought we were crazy, and they said the dogs seemed sane.



Quite a crowd turned out. The afternoon had a full schedule of events with dog agility trials, a guest lecturer and a "bone hunt".

Bella and I left early. She had no patience with the dog trainer or his perfectly behaved dog, and it seemed a silly way to spend a beautiful afternoon.

I went home to drink mimosas.
Bella is taking a nap.
My family in the mid-west is shoveling snow.
Maybe they would have liked the dog play date.

Thanks to Vikki and Charley for the photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment