Sunday, February 26, 2012

Signs, signs, everywhere signs...........

Another ad on a pole, this time a plumbing business.
It's a little eerie, with what might be an angel carrying a pipe wrench and a plumber's snake chasing a child.




But now for something really different.....




At the corner of First and Kansas in Weslaco..........



is something............



....I don't understand at all!
Seen from a distance it looks like urban art, and I love urban art. When someone makes a statement on their lawn I applaud the boldness of the move. Sometimes I think they may be doing it only to aggravate a neighbor, or push the envelope of owner association rules. Whatever - I'm a HUGE fan or the absurd.

So I should just freakin' love this, right?

Well, it's kinda scary lookin'. I'm not sure if this was once a business or not. I can't even guess what kind of business it might have been other than a music store/head shop. There are some crudely painted pictures of what might be Jimmy Hendrix and Uncle Sam, and band's names are scrawled on the walls.

Note that the entire yard is fenced in. Is this to prevent theft or just protect the "art"?
The whole thing was so weird I didn't want to hang around and ask questions, so maybe that's the purpose of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment