Friday, January 27, 2012

Quilt Show at Llano Grande



Every year we there's a quilt show at Llano Grande,
 the R V park we are staying at.


The rec hall is filled with quilts of every description.
That's me in the black shirt enthralled with a flannel quilt.


You can see traditional patterns and newer creations.


If you click on the above photo you'll see a quilt one of my 
neighbors made. The second from the right, it's a paper doll theme.

I had a good tour guide, Vikki (not shown), who pointed out
the finer points of the art.
She's also the source of all the photos.
Thank's Vik!


My mother was a quilter. She tried her best to interest me in it,
but of course I had no desire at all to learn.
When I look back now at all the craft things I did;
like macrame', ceramics and candle making;
I certainly wish I'd been quilting all that time.
My daughter Amber has two quilts her Grandmother made.
One was made in 1926 when my mother was 16 years old,
and one in 1930 when she was 20.
Every stitch was made by hand.
I inherited the quilts,
I wish I'd inherited her patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment