Friday, September 16, 2011

WHAT??????

John and I were on our way to Springfield, Mo. earlier this week, driving Highway 65 south and looking for diversions.
Usually we'd drive through Bolivar but we decided to try a different route, longer but not familiar to us.
.
.
Just north of Louisburg we came upon something............. odd.
.
.
.
John shouted out
.
.
Camel!?
.
.


CAMEL??


There they were.
A dozen camels.
I was surprised by one camel, but a dozen astounded me!
.

I could sort of understand having one camel; like a pet or a hobby; but a dozen?
.
.
They look quite content with their lot and amused by my interest.

Having grown up on a farm, I was sure there had to be a reason why these camels were here.

Since there were calves in the field these people were obviously in the camel growing business.

I couldn't think of any other reason than milk. Not knowing anything about it I Googled
"Camel milk" and found www.camelmilkusa.com

They make some astonishing claims. I hope they're right.

John said later he was really glad I was with him.
He had a corroborating witness.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe they brought their favorite camels from their homeland?? !!

    ReplyDelete