Friday, May 28, 2010

Memorial Day

It's Friday, May 28th, And I'm at the Lake of the Ozarks. The official beginning of Summer in a resort community is kind of ------------hard to describe.

The Osage Beach Hy-Vee is huge-HUGE- and it's full of shoppers on a mission. The crowd reminds me of Christmas eve or the day before Thanksgiving, frantic. Combat parking in the lot! The shopping carts were almost totally in use at 1 PM. I could barely move in the store.The aisles were full of not only shoppers but employees trying to restock shelves. The store was giving away more samples of stuff than Costco on a Saturday, including (I'm serious here) wine and Margaritas.

I have to be honest, I did buy the wine.

I have met an interesting couple here in the R V park. They were married for 17 years, divorced for 23 years, then married again. I told the wife that she had a life story to make into a book, or movie, or maybe a situation comedy. She replied "Well, we do laugh a lot!"

No comments:

Post a Comment