Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Winston's Rescue ...........Again


Almost two years ago Winston jumped behind the TV and was trapped there. You can read about the experience in the blog  Winston's Ordeal  dated May 27th 2011.

I bought silk plants to insert in each side of the TV cabinet, making it appear too small for an animal of Winston's ..........substance. My clever plan worked until 2 days ago, when we came home to discover you-know-who had fallen in again. We were watching TV when John asked if I could hear something. When he muted the set it was clear that Earl had tricked poor Winston into becoming trapped again.
I tried to pick him up with no more luck than I'd had two years ago.
In the photo below you can see a "fur" throw I'd shoved in the cabinet to encourage climbing out. Winston no longer has front claws. No dice.

Our options were
 (a) Pull the fireplace out of the cabinet.
(b) Take the TV off the lifting mechanism.
or
 (c) Dismantle the cabinet. 






John carefully pulled the end piece of wood off. You can see Bella helped all she could.



This is too traumatic to live through again.
I made a cardboard template, took it to the neighborhood upholstery shop and had them cut a piece of wood to fit.


It needed a little tweeking but here it is,

.


The wood in place.
 It might not be the most professional job but I bet once I paint it black no one will notice it but me.

No comments:

Post a Comment