Friday, June 1, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend



On Saturday May 26th I drove to Mountain Grove, MO. My family came from a rural area south of there, and my cousin Doyne Emery is living there now. His sister, Shirley, drove from St Louis for the weekend. I don't see them often enough, but always have a good time when I do.
.
.
.

 Shirley had arrived a day earlier, and when she went to replace flowers on a family headstone look what she found.

.
.



A robin had made a nest in last years arrangement.
.
.
.
We drove to the two small cemeteries where our parents are buried and left new flowers.
.
.
Doyne is scheduled for a knee replacement later this month, his second.

.





On Sunday I went to visit Brenda and her family. Her daughter Jaclyn and son-in-law Billy live just outside of Pilot Grove, MO.
Jaclyn's employer gave her an inflatable play tent his kids had out grown, and it made quite the hit. That's Jake on the left and my grandson Coen on the right.



The weather has been unseasonably hot here, and Sunday was in the 90's.
.


Amber and Coen in the pool.



That's Brenda with Jake and my son-in-law Jeff with Coen.



Brenda's younger grandson, Jackson. He's got to be the calmest baby I've ever seen. He only gets upset when he's hungry.



Coen wearing Jackson's cowboy hat and a Sponge Bob serape/towel.
A bold fashion statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment