Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Gulf Shores Alabama...... Part One





The view from our condo in Gulf Shores.
The last week in July I went to Alabama with my daughter, son-in-law and grandson. We met my friend Brenda with her two daughters, son-in-law, and two grandsons.




It was a great condo for the 10 of us, right on the beach with a nice pool.


The beach is very nice here, with sand that's almost white. It's sort of "fluffy", very fine and soft.


 Jeff, Amber and Coen.


Ruffians in the pool.










From the left:

Billy, Jaclyn and Jackson, Charly and Jake, Amber and Coen and Jeff.

Both the pool and the gulf were so warm you could wade right in.
 The temperatures were in the low 90's during our stay. That's at least 10 degrees cooler than here in the mid-west where we've had the worst summer any of us can remember. I'd kind of worried about the time of our vacation, thinking it would be too hot to enjoy the trip but boy was I wrong. The weather was wonderfully comfortable to us.

One day we traveled inland to Summerdale, Ala. - the home of Alligator Alley. Not quite 20 miles from the coast but the comfort level plummeted. It was so humid you could hardly breathe.



Another pool full of shifty characters.


That's me holding the little 'gator for my grandson. He was leery but finally touched it. Poked might be a closer description. The alligator was dry as powder and air temperature, not cool and slimy like I expected.



Jake had no fear at all. I think he'd have taken it home.


This shy boy is Captain Crunch, the star of the farm. Check it out www.gatoralleyfarm.com/mythbusters.html


The boys look out for each other.


These things really do hide well, even when you know they're around they're hard to see. I'd recommend a visit, but not in July!

No comments:

Post a Comment